AANGAN Architects was instituted in April 2001 with a motive of creating sensible and responsive design collaboration in fields related to built environment; Architect & Urban Designer Vishal Shah the Founder Partner and Ar. Vishal Desai, Partner are heading the firm with Ar. Niti Shah & Ar. Prathama Desai providing an edge to Planning and Interior Design respectively.
‘AANGAN’- a hindi word, means a transitional forecourt of a traditional Indian House, the word suggests a pause, a phase of transition incidental at the entrance of the house. The Design philosophy of the firm metaphorically represents the word ‘AANGAN’ where it facilitates the decision making for the client for a better living environment. The methodology of AANGAN strives to promote innovative and alternative thinking amongst all involved in design and promote sustainable practice from conceptual stage.
Presently the firm is dealing into projects related to Residential and Institutional Architecture, interior architecture, Urban –Design and Landscape. Members of the organization are also actively involved in academics and collaborate with like minded firms for important projects contributing to the betterment of living environment. The organization has a wide consultant base for structural engineering, Landscape Design, Services and Infrastructure design, arts and project management.
- Surat Municipal Corporation
- Gujarat State Police Housing Corporation
- Jammu Municipal Corporation
- National Council of Science Museums
- Gujarat Maritime Board (Applied for)
- Department of Tourism, Government of U.P.
- CPWD New Delhi
- CPWD Dadra & Nagar Haveli
- CPWD Diu
- Indore Development Authority (IDA)
- Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering and Technology (CIPET)
- Uttar Pradesh Rajkiya Nirman Nigam (UPRNN)
- Central University of Gujarat (CUG)